- About Our School
- Our Mission
- Our Brand
- Religious Education
- Design and Technology
- Art and Design
- Physical Education (PE)
- British Values
- School Day
- School Uniform
- SEND Information Report
- School Performance
- Pupil Premium
- PE and Sport Grant
- Ofsted Reports
- Data Protection & GDPR
- The Platanos Trust
- About the Trust
- About our Chief Executive
Login to our school’s online payment system
Visit our virtual learning platform.
- Winterbourne Boys’ Academy
- Winterbourne Road
- Thornton Heath
- Surrey CR7 7QT
- T: 020 8689 7685
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Curriculum: Art and Design
Art, craft and design embody some of the highest forms of human creativity.
Art and design should engage, inspire and challenge pupils, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design. As pupils progress, they should be able to think critically and develop a more rigorous understanding of art and design. They should also know how art and design both reflect and shape our history, and contribute to the culture, creativity and wealth of our nation.
We aim to ensure that all pupils:
- produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences;
- become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques;
- evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design;
- know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
Content taught in Key Stage 2
Pupils will be taught to develop their techniques, including their control and their use of materials, with creativity, experimentation and an increasing awareness of different kinds of art, craft and design.
Pupils will be taught:
- to create sketch books to record their observations and use them to review and revisit ideas;
- to improve their mastery of art and design techniques, including drawing, painting and sculpture with a range of materials (for example, pencil, charcoal, paint, clay);
- about great artists, architects and designers in history.