Login to our school’s online payment system
Visit our virtual learning platform.
- Winterbourne Boys’ Academy
- Winterbourne Road
- Thornton Heath
- Surrey CR7 7QT
- T: 020 8689 7685
- E: email@example.com
Welcome to Winterbourne Boys' Academy
Welcome to Winterbourne Boys' Academy and our new official website. Our website is constantly being developed and the latest news and information will be available here. Thank you for visiting our websitte.
Message from the Headteacher, Ms Peart
“Attitude Determines Altitude”
Welcome to Winterbourne Boys' Academy, our cherished all boys school for pupils aged between 7 and 11.
In my position as Acting Headteacher I would like to introduce myself as a practitioner committed to driving standards and setting high expectations for all pupils. The pupils of Winterbourne Boys' Academy are at the centre of every decision that I make in order to provide them with a secure understanding of the curriculum, whilst nurturing every individual to achieve their full potential. Every child has a talent and it is our job to ensure that we develop them beyond their own expectations and introduce them to new interests and experiences that will inspire them to commit to their own personal development and educational journey. We have an unshakeable belief in every child.
A crucial focus at Winterbourne Boys’ Academy is to develop the pupils' ability to write fluently and creatively, be an eloquent speaker, an avid reader and a talented mathematician. These skills are refined both inside and outside the classroom and are supplemented with a wide range of extra-curricular activities and experiential learning. Academic rigour is implicit in the ethos of the school and the Platanos Trust, and this is combined with the invaluable contribution of the arts, sport and creativity to develop well-rounded individuals with the relevant skills for the modern world.
The school is proud of its achievements to date, being recognised by Ofsted as a 'Good' school in its first inspection. I am now in the privileged and exciting position of driving the school's future by establishing Winterbourne Boys’ Academy as a pillar for educational excellence in the community for boys in south London.
We truly believe that Attitude Determines Altitude.
- We demand high expectations
- We ensure high attainment
- We develop life-long learners
- We produce good citizens
- We will strive for the highest possible standards
- We will know and value all pupils and look for the best in them
- We will value and respect every member of the school community
- All pupils will be encouraged to take responsibility for themselves and to make a contribution to the success of the school
- We will be an open, welcoming and responsive school with clear lines of communication
- We will have high expectations of the children and show them how to do their best and fulfil their potential