- Our Brand
- Our Mission
- Religious Education
- Design and Technology
- Art and Design
- Physical Education (PE)
- British Values
- School Day
- School Uniform
- SEND Information Report
- School Performance
- Pupil Premium
- PE and Sport Grant
- Ofsted Reports
- The Platanos Trust
- About the Trust
- About our Chief Executive
Login to our school’s online payment system
Visit our virtual learning platform.
- Winterbourne Boys’ Academy
- Winterbourne Road
- Thornton Heath
- Surrey CR7 7QT
- T: 020 8689 7685
- E: email@example.com
Curriculum: Religious Education (RE)
The below are integral to the teaching of RE and forms part of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development of pupils within the school.
- To develop children’s knowledge and understanding of the beliefs and practices of different religions.
- To enable pupils to understand and reflect upon the religious and spiritual beliefs, practices, insights and experiences that are expressed in humanity’s search for the meaning of life.
- To develop children spiritually and personally by providing opportunities for them to explore and express their own responses and personal beliefs.
- To develop positive attitudes and values such as self-esteem, a respect and tolerance for others and their beliefs and an appreciation of the natural world.
We deliver RE through lessons, assemblies and extracurricular activities that value and respect all our children and their families so that everyone feels able to participate.
Parents/carers have the right to withdraw their child from Religious Education and collective worship. The headteacher would value a discussion about this before a final decision is made on an individual basis and to discuss alternative provision for those pupils.